Who We Are
Little Sunflowers International School (LSIS) is a private school, established to serve the Ghanaian and Expatriate Community. At LSIS, we don't believe in Educational dogmas, we believe in the unique soul of every single child. Our work is to encourage, stimulate and promote the children to prepare them for life.
We follow the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) outcomes and our multinational approach is reflected in the British and German curriculum we offer, as well as in our adopted Montessori approach.
Our vision is for children to attain a high degree of self esteem and responsibility through mutual respect, love, emotional security and compassion. We inspire curiosity, independence and life-long love of learning, to help our children become responsible and independent thinkers.
We at LSIS are aware of the fact, that you are entrusting your precious little one into our hands and it is important for us to cater to the emotional experiences of the children and their parents. Our mission therefore is to provide a child-centered educational environment, which is responsive to the individual needs of each and every child and to promote, stipulate and support their growth and development.
The pedagogical approach of LSIS is based on the Montessori method of teaching and learning. In an open classroom, the educators focus on the individual learning needs of each child. “Help me do it myself” is the leitmotiv of Montessori education. The children are the centre of instruction and are therefore only guided and supported in their natural childhood discovery and development drive and not told what to do.
This method allows self-paced learning and children are observed in order to determine the appropriate didactic method suitable for each child.
The children are taught according to the following Educational goals / Educational areas: Personality Development (competence and values), Language Education, Maths, Education, Science Education, Music/ Creative Arts Education, Motor Skills Education, Health Education and Media Education.
We believe that it is important to give children an opportunity to learn different languages, that is why our languages of instruction are English, French and German. English is however the main language of instruction.
We have an amazing team of qualified, nurturing, friendly and experienced staff who are Early Childhood Specialists. Our team includes a Director, Head of School – MA Family and Child Psychology , Administrative Manager, Qualified Teachers (BA and Diploma) and Teaching Assistants, Cook, Kitchen Assistant, Gardener, Domestic staff and Security Guards.
We are open from Monday to Friday from 6.30 am to 5.00 pm. You can visit the facility anytime during these hours.
Little Sunflowers International School seeks the services of an „Intern“
for their trilingual Nursery and Kindergarten
Trade Fair, Accra, Greater Accra
Qualification and Requirements:
- Planning the course activities of their assigned group, in cooperation with the headteacher.
- Providing learning environments, that are promoting development of the children, from various international backgrounds and cultures.
- Use evaluation tools, set by the headteacher, to evaluate the progress of the students and keeping their records.
- Communicating to parents and the school’s management on the progress of the children.
- Serving as mentors and role models to the students.
- Enforcing school administration policies.
Skills and Specifications:
- 20 years and above, graduated teacher or student in a social related field, with good written and spoken English, preferably experience in early childhood education.
- Candidates should either have „German“, „French“, or „English (British or American) language as their mother tongue.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills in an international team
- Must love working with children from different cultures
- Good organizational skills
- Pleasant voice
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, PLEASE SEND AN EMAIL TO: INFO@LITTLE-SUNFLOWERS.COM
OR CALL: +233 20 275 2531
Download our image folder